cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AppleTV App Beta

I'd take anything a CS rep says with a huge pinch of salt, especially talking nonsense about monthly updates etc. CS reps wouldn't be privy to what is going on within the development department. That's just laughable. From what I've been told we're still a long way off seeing anything tangible in the wild.

I can’t say this enough, there IS an app. Available for Now TV Ireland. It’s being tested there among a smaller subscriber base before being launched to the wider U.K. audience. It IS on the way. Remember that and be hopeful, positive and patient. The wait is almost over. 

We are all aware there is a new NowTV app functioning in the Republic of Ireland, hence the anger among UK viewers. There is no link between the Irish version and the UK version, which I've had confirmed to me by a source connected to NowTV's Irish operations.

dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Yeah I still have the last build of the UK app (the one that was pulled from TestFlight) running on my 4K. It was working fine then it faltered around pull time. Still sort of works. But Trials Team has gone AWOL( ignoring emails), the bug reporting page has vanished and UK beta testers seem to be left in the dark!

0 Thanks
Gizmo
Advocate

I believe this is what you have to told but I doubt it is true. Ireland and the UK are under the same CEO so I doubt there were two parts of the same organisation writing the exact same software. It looks like Sky have other plans for the UK market.

0 Thanks
fbadini
Scholar

I do believe Ireland is a full size beta (like Disney did in The Netherlands)

it’s all about time

0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

Be nice to see some images of it and what it’s like, you know to give us hope here haha
0 Thanks

@fbadini  Exactly what I’ve been saying since it launched. Both U.K. and Ireland Now TV services are operated by Sky U.K. Limited. Not at all separate companies. Sky have definitely gotten a full size beta out there exactly like Disney did. I honestly think we’ll see it launch in the U.K. before years end. Now TV can’t afford to have a rubbish app anymore. It’s as simple as that. Apple TV+, Netflix and Prime all have solid apps. Disney+ is only just over four months away. It’s crunch time for Now TV on Apple TV now and they know it. 

Does anyone know if NowTV is broadcasting at 50fps in Ireland or is it still a ######-poor 25fps?

I would hope, as I'm sure we all would, that the newer NowTV app is up and running soon on Apple TV. It's a disgrace there has been no update in 4 years. 1080p/50fps would be ideal, though I'd happily settle for 720p so long as the frame rate was upped. 1080p at 25fps won't cut it no matter how fancy the new app looks.

dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Not really a beta trial though is it, when the tv app is actually in, and can be downloaded by anyone from, the 🇮🇪  App Store?!

0 Thanks