cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
nst
Elite

Thank you

My opinion is not based on any fact, just a logical extrapolation of what we can see.

Are you saying that the email you received is for a forthcoming trial specifically of the AppleTV app?

Im pretty sure you aren't breaking an NDA for confirming that a trial is forthcoming!

If so, then thats at least some positive news for all those on here wondering whats going on... at least that confirms that there is some activity around the app, and that therefore we can assume that there will be a replacement in due course.

Of course we know that a new version already exists for Ireland and Italy, and the perplexing issue is what is different about this UK bound version that couldn't have been released already.  There must be a difference after all.

@nst Correct. But - I still await further details from the trials team - And I have already expressed my concern (elsewhere on another thread around here) wondering if the Covid-19 issue might scupper it.

edit: just seen the call for trialists on another thread, and I see you @nst say you have signed up so 👍🏻

nst
Elite

indeed I have, thank you.

Its nice to see some official statement - thats pretty much all we wanted to be fair.

It looks like things will be moving but of course no timeframe.

We will have to be patient.

But patience is easier when you know that something is being actively done.

@nst agreed. I have been trialling the beta app since the start. Constrained by NDA in the past, so was previously unable to comment meaningfully, but since it all halted abruptly last November I have been just as frustrated by the lack of news, info etc. and have stated so on here. Anyway fingers crossed for “one last push” to begin soon and then a final version to launch in the UK...

nst
Elite

its interesting... and its also perplexing what this UK version will bring to the table that the already released Irish and Italian one does not.

Im assuming there is a difference otherwise we would all happily be using the Irish/Italian one by now.

Id be very happy to see AppleTV TV App integration - this is something that iPlayer, All4, Demand5, ITV Hub, and Amazon Video have managed.  Sadly Netflix have not.

Integrating the 'up next' functionality with the TV app would be fantastic.  Of course they could be choosing to not play nice like Netflix dont... which is a shame.

Time will tell then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve been wondering exactly the same thing.

Can’t figure out if it’s going to be completely different and more of a destination app for all your viewing a bit like sky q which they already have an app for in Germany or is it the same as it is now but just with the missing features to bring it in line with Netflix etc.

Considering now tv is on BT now will they offer those channels through the now tv app. Just a thought but probably not.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any news on if this is going to be the case? Can anyone who has tested the latest beta provide any info on this feature?