cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ive not heard a thing, be nice to have an update though

Was just wondering if it might not go ahead now due to the covid-19 situation?

Which would be a pity because self-isolation is likely to mean a perfect time to give the beta app (yet another) good bashing (as if all the previous bashings we’ve given it here weren’t enough 😂 )

nst
Elite

sorry guys.. but where have you got the idea that there is a trial coming.

There isn't.  Not for AppleTV.

p.s. coronavirus or not.. i wound have thought that would impact software unless their staff are all absent of course.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

People have said they have received emails about a new Apple TV trial starting. Why do you think you know that there isn’t one?

nst
Elite

oh, several reasons.

1.  I emailed NowTV asking to be a part of this so-called new trial that people have said they were emailed about.... NowTV replied and said there was no such trial for the AppleTV app.

2.  I tweeted the NowTV help account... and they also confirmed that there was not an AppleTV trial.

3.  I looked on the announcements forum... and I found the so-called new trial BUT its nothing to do with AppleTV - its a trial for the NowTV boxes.

For info...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Labs/New-trial/m-p/520406#M52

So, though it gives me no pleasure to be right on this one.. I think thats pretty definitive as a NO.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to admit NowTV seem to have the most disjointed trialling procedure I have ever come across.

Of course with trialling comes nda’s so no one can prove (officially) that what you have been told isn’t right. But I would certainly believe other people have been told different to what you have 😉

@nst what @Anonymous User said (para 2] 😂

nst
Elite

as much as, i am sure, we all like a conspiracy theory...

An NDA is in place to stop talking about details of the software being tested.  You are not allowed to discuss functionality, or whinge about bugs in public.

However, it would not have been some kind of super secret when they called for testers in the first place - as you can see on the link i provided.  The call for testers is quite open, quite public, and not at all secret.

There has been no such call for a "new version" of the AppleTV app.

The NDA would kick in for the selected testers once the trial begun.

@nst just to clarify then, you’re correct that there hasn’t been a call for trialists for this *recently* - in fact, if I recall correctly, there hasn’t been one since the original call way back in the distant past (probably getting on for 15 to 18 months ago now) - but I was emailed directly by the trials team earlier this month (March 2020] inviting me to participate in yet another trial to start soon. So something IS planned to be happening, but as yet no further details and nothing has happened.