cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just wandering if there were some Irish people here

BTW I’m Italian and I’m waiting for UK because I think when launched in IE and UK the app will launch also in Italy

@Anonymous User Ok understood. There may be somebody, who has contributed to this discussion thread, who is in IE and has got the app. Would have to read back through to know for sure though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m in the uk but I have downloaded the Irish app by creating a Irish App Store account, the app is very similar to the app on LG or Samsung smart TVs, a uk now tv account does not work with this app, it’s ridiculous that they can’t release this app in the uk, it’s far better than the original, fingers crossed something gets released soon as the old app is painful 

nst
Elite

I think thats most people's thoughts here.

If there is a working, updated App publicly available, then why isn't it released generally instead of just one country.

There is something definitely odd going on, as this makes no sense.  And as I and others have previously stated, the existing UK app is so far out of date that its unusable so surely a rather desperate candidate for replacement.

Also, as I have noted, why not maximise your existing platforms user-base to enable them to purchase the Boost add-on.  Surely this is something that is of interest to a great many people and something that you would want as many as possible to be able to purchase.  £3 extra per customer has to be worth updating an app for surely.... and in time for Christmas??

Personally speaking, I find boost great.  Well, relatively speaking of course - its only catching up with the streaming quality that Netflix and Amazon have been doing for years (and overtaken with 4K!).  Having said that I can heartily recommend it because the picture and sound quality is a big improvement.

Now, can we please use boost on our platform of choice and not be forced to buy a set top box?

@Anonymous User  Thanks for confirming the situation re the IE app & a UK NOW TV account. It’s as I suspected it to be!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that’s how they treat customers no communication unreal.

nst
Elite

Well, its fair to say we won't be getting the new app before Christmas!

Shame on you, NowTV for badly neglecting what I can assume is a significant number of customers who would like this.

Now, by significant I dont mean majority - as clearly not a majority have the apple TV, and also I have to take a guess that next to none are actually using the current NowTV app anyway.  Perhaps thats why they have neglected it so far as their statistics would show that the AppleTV app is the least used app in their 'repertoire'.. (shocking surprise there!)

So, financially thats a significant group of customers that would have been very happy to pay them an extra £3 a month, especially over christmas for the Boost function.

In fact I would go so far as to suggest that tomorrow (Christmas day) there will be a very large number of people who have been gifted a NowTV pass... imagine the disappointment with those new customers who excitedly download the app on their AppleTV (an advertised available platform) only to find that it is, basically, not fit for purpose.  These people will either be very disappointed, or in a small number of cases will have another platform available for them to use such as a games console or smartTV app - but they would have preferred to use their appleTV.  Of course... you will also lose them at the end of their free pass... as if the experience has been under par.. there's another potential new paying customer lost.

Anyway, shocking lax attitude - and no communication.

Look, I know that this is imminent... but releasing it in January seems to be missing the critical Christmas market.

As an interesting PS... having spoken to Sky recently im now aware that NowTV is a totally separate entity - nothing to do with Sky.  Sky only provide the content to them.  Interesting and also goes to show that it isn't the big corporation Sky who are responsible for this situation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The shame is due to the fact such situation is intentional 

the IE app si out and does not need to be translated 

so it is a will in order to sell as much box as possible in order to host service from other content provider (eg netflix) but to control user data and payments

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky Limited.  Sky UK Limited is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky Limited (along with other country entities).  So technically yes Sky UK is unlikely to have any control of Now TV as they are the same rung in the corporate ladder, but I would expect all subsidiaries of Sky Limited to align to a common strategy for streaming.  How this all fits into Comcast though I have no idea..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Sky plc 

now holidays are out... you already sold your hw and promotions

please launch new AppleTV app