cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are all aware there is a new NowTV app functioning in the Republic of Ireland, hence the anger among UK viewers. There is no link between the Irish version and the UK version, which I've had confirmed to me by a source connected to NowTV's Irish operations.

Yeah I still have the last build of the UK app (the one that was pulled from TestFlight) running on my 4K. It was working fine then it faltered around pull time. Still sort of works. But Trials Team has gone AWOL( ignoring emails), the bug reporting page has vanished and UK beta testers seem to be left in the dark!

For info to anyone who was still using it - the last beta test build of the UK app (v. 4.3.3 the one that was pulled from TestFlight) - has now expired here.

So it’s back to using the Roku SS+ for NOW TV here then, which is a bit annoying as we use the tv 4K to stream absolutely everything else (mostly using the tv app to manage things) 😟  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was that really the latest build you had 😉

@Anonymous User Now you mention it, I can’t exactly remember the exact version number now! It was the last one that was up on TestFlight and then got pulled not long after. carried on working until today but the 90 days is up.

4.3.3 rings a bell for some reason, but I might be thinking of something else. Maybe due to all the banging my head against a brick wall trying to get a response from the Trials Manager after it all mysteriously vanished..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me, stopped working and no more in test flight, passes Canceled, I used Apple TV’s and don’t want another box so I’m out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I removed the last beta app as I literally couldn't watch anything, movies, entertainment, each time a new error - I never knew there were so many error messages on the platform! Strang thing is that I'd really had no issues with all previous beta apps.

I had a case raised but was bluntly told I was low priority as they were working on the app not just my problem. Reading through posts of last couple of months in this thread it seems it is in fact not just me after all, I was made to feel I was being a nuisance just contacting them for updates. 

Since then no reply to emails.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know I could simply get a NowTV box and stick but literally everything else is on my Apple TV. From BT Sport to Prime Video it is my go to platform for a smart tv there isn't a single major app in UK apart from NowTV which isn't fine on there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m exactly the same my Apple box has everything I need, how this app for nowtv has not been updated for over 4 years is a joke, every other app gets weekly updates. The BT app is great proper 1080p as was Amazon football last night. I suggest sky get this app up and running sharp. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Considering they’ve been updating it for over a year, I don’t see it happening soon or even at all.