cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My take is that HD is very close in the UK (Don’t shoot me if this isn’t the case) and that once HD is released the new App will hit the store, fully modified to take the Boost pack. 

Wishful thinking maybe, but it would seem to be slightly sensible,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was chatting just a few minutes ago with the On-line Live chat and below here are some 'Copy & Paste' from our previous chat, FYI I asked the agent if I can post their replies in our community and he was positive about it. below is my Q&A with the Agent. (answers in blue).

And, Also when is the new updated Now TV App when it is going to be released for Apple TV 4K?

It will be released by next month and every month we have updates for every device.

Are you talking about the NOW TV App for Apple TV 4K?

Yes, We have updates that will be rolling for every device which includes Apple TV as well.

Do you mind if I can share this information about the new upcoming update in the Now TV community? I won't be mentioning your name.

Because there is a long discussion about. it. so I guess this is a piece of positive news for them.

You will receive the update on the Website real soon once that is done, You can surely do that on the Now TV community.

benryanmills
Scholar

It’s good to know it isn’t far away now. At least we know it’ll finally be here before the year’s end. That’s something to look forward to. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Customer Service rarely have any idea what's going on. I very much doubt they have any information about the Apple TV app. 

benryanmills
Scholar

It’s already launched in Ireland. It is out there. Don’t forget, Ireland will have a FAR smaller subscription base than what the U.K. will. It’s a perfect beta testing ground for 6-8 weeks to make sure all bugs are squashed. Now TV can’t afford to have a rubbish app anymore, especially with the launch of Apple TV+ and Disney+ coming on March 31st.

I suspect the app that launched in the beta test was canned in favour of this one. It does look to be much better. I would think there is a roadmap in place for the Apple TV now that is company wide, and it is on the way. This is the first time that customer services have said that an app is coming. 

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

“Now TV can’t afford to have a rubbish app anymore, especially with the launch of Apple TV+ and Disney+ coming on March 31st.”

Agreed, but for me it’s more concerning that Sky Atlantic is home to most (all?) new HBO content. As HBOMax tries to make noise with their US service, I can’t see them happy that their only UK outlet offers such a shoddy format. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I still don’t think the app will be released this year, I had an email a few weeks back from the trials manager and they said they were working on if fixes and then releasing it to there staff for further testing and that would take 6-8 weeks

@Anonymous User I’m still waiting for a reply to the last email I sent to the Trials Manager 😟

it was sent around the time the last beta version was pulled from TestFlight

They always replied to me promptly before that.

Now totally in the dark. Very poor experience overall.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd take anything a CS rep says with a huge pinch of salt, especially talking nonsense about monthly updates etc. CS reps wouldn't be privy to what is going on within the development department. That's just laughable. From what I've been told we're still a long way off seeing anything tangible in the wild.

benryanmills
Scholar

I can’t say this enough, there IS an app. Available for Now TV Ireland. It’s being tested there among a smaller subscriber base before being launched to the wider U.K. audience. It IS on the way. Remember that and be hopeful, positive and patient. The wait is almost over.