cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All going swimmingly then 😂😂 I just hope it’s soon the current app is so bad 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same old crap: “I've checked the details and as of now we don't have any update on when the NOW TV app on apple TV is going to update however the relevant team is on working towards getting an updated app on Apple TV.”

nickmorc
Expert 2

Well in the end Now Tv won. Have put the Apple Tv up for sale and purchased a Roku Plus Stick. Have to say it £49 well spent. All apps are on there, including Apple Tv. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another response: ”I have got a confirmation from them that they are working really hard to get the updated app on Apple TV. I understand that this is taking quite sometime now but we won't be able to do anything from our end.”

Could be today, could be 2020, could be it get’s scrapped altogether when Sky launches it’s app based service like it has in Europe.

🙄

@Anonymous User To be honest, “something that happened” during the beta made me strongly believe that the app is(/was?) derived from/based on Sky’s app offering in Germany...

If I recall correctly (which I often don’t!), around the same time as the Apple tv beta trial began, there was a beta trial for a NOW TV app to run on Sony Smart TVs running Android. Applied for that too but didn’t get in. Not seen or heard anything further about that, so maybe new app development for other platforms has generally all gone down the tubes for whatever reason(s)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I know you can’t say what made you think that but it would be amazing if it was true and was like it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It launched recently in Ireland but is only available to Apple TV 4th Gen. Prior to that we couldn't watch Now TV on ATV at all so perhaps Ireland is on a new platform to the UK? 

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Well, that’s exciting. At least it’s now out in the wild...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So is the rest of Europe getting everything before the Uk is?? Sky Q app new Nowtv app, I’m blame brexit haha