cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not in beta yet. Stop moaning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV said in April “coming the new app in UK we will launch also in Italy. Within Summer”. Certainly they don’t state “which year”

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony,

How can I be a member of the AppleTV app Beta team/tester, please?, I've sent you an email but I never got any reply yet!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

SORRY - The NowTV forum software has removed the email address you require from my original post. How are you supposed to help people if the forum disallows you from doing so? Very strange.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I emailed a week or so ago and they said it was now in staff testing to check it was all ok and ready and they would have more info by the end of this week, still nothing
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sent them countless links to complaints and articles from the last 2 years around how awful the app is and I got a response stating the Technical Team would be in touch with an update.

Instead a customer advisor got in touch and just offered a free NowTV stick and 1 month pass instead of giving me any information. IDGAF about a stick, I just want to know if the beta will get a public release or if they’ve binned it off!

Thinking of just cancelling until the/if the app is released :@

nickmorc
Expert 2

Looks like Comcast had other ideas. I have cancelled the Movies until such times the Apple Tv app is updated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So have the beta app not sure where to post issues but for about 25 % of films I now get 

“sorry user does not have the appropriate role to access this content” ovp005 

try another film and it’s fine seems totally random. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you still about to watch content? 

since updating to TV OS 13 the app crashes every time I try to play anything. 

On TestFlight it says the developer has removed the app. 

I figured they are working on a new version. 

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

App still “working” (sort of!) but seeing similar problems on playback of Entertainment assets via catch up/on demand, but with some different messages (such as “The Pass starts as soon as you begin watching” with buttons for “Keep for later” and “Activate” - er, my passes are already active! - and “Content request not recognised (OVP_00021)” but playback works fine for those assets on other devices). Also pretty much nothing will play from Continue watching, but will play from finding via search (after crashing out to tv main screen once or twice and re-trying). Occasionally something just won’t play at all, so then it’s back to the Roku Streaming Stick+

Have emailed them about this. Always had replies before, but this time just silence. So no idea what’s happening now. Shame as tv is pretty much a one stop shop here for all our streaming.