cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Hooba
Scholar 3

I was on the Beta, but binned it off (before they pulled it). 

Reasons:

It's expired twice over the last 12 months because they forgot about it, so didn't bother sticking a new BETA up. So that counted as 4 device swaps (I have 2 Apple Tvs) in a month when I reverted to the non-Beta App, then the Beta App when they did finally remember.

The time before last, when they stuck the Beta back up after it elapsed, under 'Version' it said: "same as previos'. Note the shoddy spelling mistake. Doesn't inspire much confidence. I mean - how does that even happen? I just had to prevent spell checker from auto-correcting 'previos'.

It hasn't changed, at all, since the very first 'release'.

And now, with no warning, has been pulled in its entirety. It's unlikely it's being worked on at all. The standard line of 'we're working on the Apple TV app constantly' is exactly that - a standard line. It's meaningless spiel.

Look - NowTV is still a pretty good service. I'll pay circa £20 a month for Sports, even in 720p that's reasonable value. And the occasional month here and there for Ents and Movies. But the service overall is far short of what it could be.

So - sod the Beta. Just sort it out and let me know when its worth looking at and taking it seriously.

nickmorc
Expert 2

Any more news yet ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many news

Today launched Twitch and Spotify

NowTV usual shame

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the reason for the delay is because they are liking moving over to a new build completely. Sadly this is going require another delay while the new new build gets tested. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So do you think a new build will be more like the sky q app that is being tested or just now tv with a different look?

@Anonymous User 

How would somebody know unless they are beta testing  both of those apps at the same time?

(unless they had previously been testing one of them and is now testing the other 😂 )

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have no idea it was just a question.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As we all know 1080p for example is coming to NowTV and most likely Sky Sports Red Button I expect seeing as the app wasn't released. They have decided to get rid of the previous beta build and start a new app that will give them a better base they can easier update as they add features to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well mine expired, loads but crashes on every video play on tvOS 13 

I’m surprised to hear they might be binning this app entirely before it even made it public 

I’ll happily continue testing. Although I do think someone with the revenue and resources Sky have, this should be bought to market a little quicker than this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, more complaints now days even on Twitter. 

IMG_3150.jpeg