cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like i was right about TVOS 13 release date i've updated guess we will see now if Now TV release the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was thinking about this today, if it was going to be apart of the new Apple TV app would the iOS version already be apart of it already as they update that one often?? Just a thought but I could be wrong
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV OS 13 working well, now it's up to NowTV to match it 😙

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screenshot 2019-09-25 at 06.54.11.png

I just took this screen-shot from Twitter, What do you think of Now TV Help Desk answer? - their answer just came-up less than 15 hours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have "scripted" answer.

It does not mean anything

Comcast strategy is to adopt his own media center (https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/25/20727317/nbc-universal-streaming-service-launch-date-2020-comcast)

But things can change (we hope)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you read that article it says their upcoming app will be based on the UK's NowTV app. I think they'll keep NowTV here and launch the newer app elsewhere, initially at least. I'm quietly confident a new version of the NowTV app will soon make its way onto Apple TV.

ScottishMike
Mentor

And still nothing....

I'm now waiting to see if the new NowTV app is released before Virgin Media can get fibre to our street. About two years ago I thought it was a sure-thing that the app would be refreshed first, but I've since seen Virgin doing a couple of surveys, so it could go either way now.

What's strange is that the iOS app is quite good (relatively speaking) so I'm not sure why they didn't just do a port of that as an interim. Very disappointing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You call it strategy
On iPhone you don’t see a large well composed video

With AppleTV 1080p you can drop your sky DVB-S subscription
Anonymous User
Not applicable
So with all the waiting and the fact they haven’t ported the iOS version over, can we expect some big changes for TVOS version when it’s finally released
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much, let’s hope it’s not long