cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simonpaddy1 wrote:

Well, All4 have made their move - within a few months we have had an app, an app redesign and now full integration with AppleTV “up next” functionality. 

NowTV are out here on their own at the moment then... The NowTV service will be killer the moment they bring this over!

Well they're not quite on their own. Netflix don't support the TV app and won't be part of the upcoming channels offering. 

Then again, they're Netflix, so they can do whatever they like. When you utterly dominate streaming there isn't really any need to get into bed with, to be frank, the runners up.

With Now TV there is a huge incentive to sign up however. As much as I wish Netflix would play along I still use the TV app a lot and it genuinely increases what I watch on services which support it.

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Yes, I misspoke there.  It’s funny how Netflix is so it’s own thing that I had written it off as ever coming over to the main TV app. 

At this point I would be happy for NowTv to run on its own a la Netflix, just as long as it runs as well and I don’t have to cross-reference against my phone to find my place in a series. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely this is exiting beta soon. Do we have an update?

ScottishMike
Mentor

Have just returned to NowTV after a long absence and was gutted to see that the same, awful Apple TV app from years ago is still being used. Any word as to when the new one might see the light of day?

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They said they had no plans to update the app, it’s still on version 1.0 from 4 years ago. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's hard to believe any technology company would leave an app not updated for over 4 years on a platform like Apple TV ,  maybe Sky/Now just dont have the expertise in this area in house - would be a good idea to collaborate with the likes of BBC or BT who clearly have shown the way video streaming should be done in 2019, and great apps to come with it in the case of BBC Iplayer on Apple TV and other platforms.

Watching NOW TV almost makes you feel like online video streaming is just a compromise and second-class choice as compared to satellite TV - they are so far behind BT and BBC IPlayer quality of video streaming for sports with the constant stuttering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I completely agree

The only think I ca. Think of is they are getting ready to launch Sky X in the UK so this is a dead platform with no further real development until the transition to Sky X
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i wish they did launch Sky X or th Sky Q app, BT have launched one so its frustrating that sky don't.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very well said @Anonymous User  Its extremely frustrating, More over they do not care what ever request here. Wish they help us in this all but there are not bothered,

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Guessing it will be released when upcoming service changes have been made such as 1080p output