cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Works fine on my Apples TV’s with tvOS 12, no more issues than have always existed since it launched and has never been updated. 

I hit them in the pocket as they can’t be bothered to update I can’t be bothered to regularly pay for passes as content discovery and picking up where left off is very hard on the Apple TV, so I’m not getting value for my voucher. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought I'd resurrect this and see if anyone has had any info on this. I had an email a while back saying it was still planned and reemphasized the non disclosure. I don't think I'm breaking it by asking for an update as it doesn't seem to have started so there's nothing to disclose.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We will not get it till next year, this was marketing trick to keep customers hang in. No 1080 HD quality No new interface. Just a false hope. I already lost my hope after their last email. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to say it's a really bad show and very frustrating. They sent two e-mail to me saying in next few weeks, end of month etc, then nothing. I mean an update would be nice, or saying it's cancelled, if it in fact is, at least we would know!

To just abandon people who signed up for the beta (so are obviously excited about it) is just at best inconsiderate, and at worst lazy & disrespectful

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have to say it's a really bad show and very frustrating. They sent two e-mail to me saying in next few weeks, end of month etc, then nothing. I mean an update would be nice, or saying it's cancelled, if it in fact is, at least we would know!

To just abandon people who signed up for the beta (so are obviously excited about it) is just at best inconsiderate, and at worst lazy & disrespectful

@Anonymous User So it looks like @Anonymous User (despite never providing any evidence to support the claim, as requested) was right all along...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got an invite to the beta today finally and so far looks good.

ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

Likewise.  Up and running with the beta on ATV 4th gen via TestFlight.

Not sure how much can be discussed on here given the T&Cs when signing up for the beta itself earlier this year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just the fact that the beta exists is a wonderful news. Hopefully they will launch in Italy soon. Can’t stand Chromecast anymore

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please any beta testers actually test the app and report bugs, in my experience many sign up to beta test to get a new feature and don’t report bugs, however minor. 

I recently beta tested a web app at work and found 180 issues myself, many cosmetic that others would have ignored. In the end a great looking streamlined app was the result that many benefit from. 

I currently only occasionally have a Now TV pass as I wasn’t getting value as it’s too hard to find something to watch or follow on where you got to in the current non beta Apple TV app. 

If anyone knows a way for me to get on the beta please let me know, think I missed an open invite in this forum a while ago. 

Anyway great news this beta app exists, hope it integrates with the TV app and Siri search. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Please any beta testers actually test the app and report bugs, in my experience many sign up to beta test to get a new feature and don’t report bugs, however minor. 

I recently beta tested a web app at work and found 180 issues myself, many cosmetic that others would have ignored. In the end a great looking streamlined app was the result that many benefit from. 

I currently only occasionally have a Now TV pass as I wasn’t getting value as it’s too hard to find something to watch or follow on where you got to in the current non beta Apple TV app. 

If anyone knows a way for me to get on the beta please let me know, think I missed an open invite in this forum a while ago. 

Anyway great news this beta app exists, hope it integrates with the TV app and Siri search. 

Anything specific you want me to test? I’ll test it thoroughly anyway but just in case there are bups you’ve found with the current one I’ll check if they’re patched. I can’t post the results on here but at least you’ll know they were tested.