cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316

Don’t think I had ANY emails after submitting the application to take part!

Presumably I’m not on the list then?

Which would be a shame really, as we watch something on NOW TV pretty much every day. Just watching the cricket right now on Apple tv 4K actually...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I emailed back to the trials team asking if the trial was still going ahead and got a reply stating that preparations were still underway and they would be in contact in the coming weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I emailed back to the trials team asking if the trial was still going ahead and got a reply stating that preparations were still underway and they would be in contact in the coming weeks.

I bet they’re waiting for tvOS 12 to be released (possibly today?). They probably don’t want to start a beta trial in the middle of an upgrade from tvOS 11 to 12.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. Looks like TVos 12 is available Monday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was in news that Now tv app is bringing 1080p HD live streaming like year ago. We never seen anything yet. They know this Now Tv app on apple tv is really crap beside its just 720p.  When now they give us hope of beta which was promised testing by end of august, again nothing we get nothing. WE are paying customers kindly consider over requests. I dont mind paying for smooth viewing experinace but paying for this 720p live content and worse layout app is not fair at all. We are here to support you kindly consider our requets and please deliver what you promise. Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's getting pretty urgent that we get this update now - or at least that the beta is opened up. I'm paying for a servicr that I'm unable to use, and some of the series I'm watching have expiration dates on them, so not only am I paying for zero service now, I'm also risking that I might lose the chance to ever view the things I'm paying for as time ticks away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Believe me, they really don’t care. Time frame is not a issue at now TV. If they would care about us they would keep us updated. Suddenly idea of beta trail has been disappeared. Promised to give more information by end of August still got nothing. Wait wait just wait. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday's tvOS  broke  the current NOW TV app for us.     I'd jump on the beta if there is a chance. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Needs updating urgently. No longer working on Apple TV with the latest tvOS update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be nice to get an update, but the current version is still working (as well or as poorly as ever) with the latest official tvOS release for me. Are you running the tvOS12.1 beta?