cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppleTV App Beta

When is the AppleTV app Beta going to start, I got an email saying 2nd half of August & not heard anything since. Also will the App be delivered by Apple Test Flight?

Roland

316 REPLIES 316
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm hoping it's your first suggestion - waiting for the Apple keynote in September (though that would make more sense for the full release, not the beta).

My fantasy is that the Apple keynote will be the catalyst for releasing the updated Now TV app as well as the All 4 app that's already been confirmed to be in development. And maybe we'll even get a UKTV Play app, though I've not heard anything about that coming to Apple TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have feeling that they know if they gonna give 1080p HD on Now Tv live streaming on apple tv, It will kill their sky Q set top boxes hardware bussiness. It might reduce their profit margin. I understand all over UK internet is not their yet but atleast give option to stream for those who already have good broadband at their home. 

They need to understand 720p looks very bad  on 55 inch or plus size TVs. Why we want it on apple tv because its smooth experince and its joyfull to switching from one to another app in fraction of seconds. 
last night i turn apple tv developer hud on ongoing live tennis at Amazon prime look at stats. Even 30.68 frame rate looks greate in 1080p. IMG_3987.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Agreed

Although over on the digital spy forums sky customers are saying they are getting letters land this week saying they will get sky sports on HD for free as SD is being shutdown (similar to sky cinema) so maybe it’s all about cross platform timings (give it to their core sky customers first (free HD for sport) then roll out to NOW TV and other wholesale partners (virgin/BT/Talk talk etc)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone who received the email regarding acceptance to the trial had any iother updates yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nothing for me yet sadly 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No update yet. Here even no official is ready to give us any update on it. 

Hello please we are waiting reply on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If anyone can invite me to join the trial please let me know. 

ssliv
Mentor

I got an email telling me I had been accepted and it was supposed to start around the the end of August. Got another email saying there had been a slight delay and they would let me know when it would start. 

dgilbert2
Scholar

Umm, had the first email but not the second!?

Anyone else had the second email about a delay?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just checked my messages and I haven't had the second email.