cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple login forbidden (1610) error

Hi

Trying to log on Apple TV with NOW TV log details (not Apple ID) keep getting the above-

NOW TV sign in faliure

Apple login forbidden (1610)

I purchased a day pass on the NOW tv website (not on Apple TV) and the App works on mobile and laptop with no problems.

Ive looked at the similar threads already - so this is what Ive done

1. Definitely using NOW TV log in not apple ID

2. Password contains no special characters.

3. Restarted AppleTV, updated software too.

I di notice something about registering the full account - but when I press the registration page link it goes straight to my log in page, where I'm already logged in - it doesnt say how to finish the registration?

Can I get ny help before 4.30pm please - desparate to watch the league cup!!!!

Many thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After suffering months with this issue I finally found the solution..... cancel my subscription and delete the NowTV app.

AppleTV users are not supported by NowTV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined the community to answer this because I feel your pain and  very surprised to see the complete lack of viable assistance from sky themselves. My NowTV app was stuck on an old login of mine and would not let me sign out. Strangely on my older Apple TV devices I could sign out. Try the following:

Login to your old account via your phone, tablet,  laptop.

Scroll down to authorised devices and delete them with the exception of the device you’re on.

On your Apple TV delete the app, restart the AppleTV, reinstall the app.

Open NowTV and scroll over to settings and you should be able to sign it.

This is what worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ended up resetting the Apple TV, but thank you. I can’t believe it’s still on such an old POS app, every other platform has the update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @This did not work for me , not on my Apple TV 4 (HD) at least ... and I really don't want to reset my Apple TV .. that is long af . Not impressed with now tv. This is the exact same app they initially released about 6 years ago . That current update is a lie as far as I'm concerned or anyone in the Apple eco system! Not impressed @NowTvHelp

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Given up trying to get this POS app to work. I refuse to reset my AppleTV just to get this useless crap working. Have emailed a complaint to Sky demanding a refund and won't subscribe again until they update this useless app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! 

Found a solution to this problem - Apple ID forbidden (1610)

If you delete the Now TV app, restart the Apple TV and then redownload Now TV, you’ll be able to sign in 🙂

Hope this helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Are you sure ? I've tried this before
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can confirm deleting Now TV, rebooting, and re-downloading worked.

Be better if Now TV just fixed the app though, they must be embarrassed by their 1.3 rating on the app store!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This app is an embarrassment to the entire service. Apple should remove this app from the store because I can’t imagine how confusing and terrible it must be for regular customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This nonsense is now happening to me