cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple login forbidden (1610) error

Hi

Trying to log on Apple TV with NOW TV log details (not Apple ID) keep getting the above-

NOW TV sign in faliure

Apple login forbidden (1610)

I purchased a day pass on the NOW tv website (not on Apple TV) and the App works on mobile and laptop with no problems.

Ive looked at the similar threads already - so this is what Ive done

1. Definitely using NOW TV log in not apple ID

2. Password contains no special characters.

3. Restarted AppleTV, updated software too.

I di notice something about registering the full account - but when I press the registration page link it goes straight to my log in page, where I'm already logged in - it doesnt say how to finish the registration?

Can I get ny help before 4.30pm please - desparate to watch the league cup!!!!

Many thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Utterly utterly ridiculous.  So due to their useless faulty app, the only fix is to expect everyone to reset their Apple TV to factory and lose everything?  No thanks.... cancelling this pile of junk.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I've found the solution 

The reason you get the login 1610 error is because the email you used to sign up with now tv is the same as your Apple ID which your Apple TV will recognise as being linked with the store. 

I use iCloud for my email address which allows you to create an alias account that is still linked to your regular Apple ID 

I found the best way to login to Now TV on the Apple TV is: 

Create an alias email address in your email provider of choice, I use iCloud so created an alias email address in mail preferences on iCloud.com 

Then login into now tv and change your email to the new alias. 

Then log in with the new alias on the now tv app in Apple TV. 

This should then work. 

Your original email is still valid and the alias just re routes any mail you get to the original email address. 

Hope this helps. It worked for me without having to reset my Apple TV 

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m now encountering this issue now the Beta isn’t running anymore.

I’m not changing my email address (also an iCloud email address) because that’s a workaround and not a solution. The email worked fine with the Beta app.

Please sort this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm experiencing this issue and having spent a solid hour trying to find a solution still nothing? Can Someone at support give an update on a permanent fix to this issue? I have Amazon Prime and Netflix and don't run into this issue with either of these applications

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday I logged out of Now TV on my Apple TV 4K and my son logged in so we could watch the cricket on his sports pass. He logged out when the game was over. This morning I’ve gone to login and have been thwarted by “Apple login forbidden 1610”. My login email is not my Apple ID one and never has been.

so far I’ve tried:

* logging  in to my Now TV ACCOUNT which is fine

* changing my password 

* restarting Apple,TV

I still can’t login, can anyone help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I've now created a brand new email address, updated my Now TV account and STILL get the "Apple login forbidden (1610) error" on the Apple TV

How can a company as successful as Sky have such a problem that's been around for so long?

Please don't ask me to reset my Apply TV4K as this just not a viable option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still have this bloody issue, any solutions, update or fixes? Been a while

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've factory reset my Apple TV  and it has resolve this issue. Got fed up waiting for NOW TV  technical assistance who finally have said they have the issue logged with Apple (not sure I believe them too may hits on Google going back to 2017).
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this been sorted at all? I refuse to reset my entire Apple TV to fix this just for this single app that is nearly 4 years out of date. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not that I'm aware of - reset was my only option.