cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV

Does anyone know if Now plan on integrating into the native Apple TV software for video playback like pretty much every other app out there instead of using their own?

The current way that videos are played on the Now app uses their own software which is extremely clunky and doesn't work anywhere near like how every other app works on Apple TV, even Netflix's works like it's native and them and Apple are known for their arguments! Not to mention when you press play/pause the info on the screen takes up practically half the screen which is completely unnecessary (and goes over the subtitles, which considering I routinely have Deaf visitors is far from appreciated). Integrating the search the same way would be helpful as well, having to use that dodgy on-screen keyboard is like going back to the dark ages when everything else allows me the options to either use Siri dictation or type my search on my iPhone.

May be typing this in frustration after accidentally pressing to restart a two-hour movie for the umpteenth time when I was only trying to rewind 10 seconds by using the gesture controls that work on every other app on my Apple TV except Now..

14 REPLIES 14
RoyB
Legend

@nst 

Yes, Now could flip a switch, and the Community would go back to pure chronological, and this is the only thing that would save the old Apple TV thread.

But the problem with it is the consequence of us not having the Posting Reply/Topic Reply choice while it was being created, though the Community software was silently keeping a note of which we had inadvertently used, and set the thread up the new way on that basis.

In order not to have the same thing happen again to a new thread of any sort, if we all use Reply to Topic, threads will be created in entirely chronological sequence.

The problem may not be ours to fix, but it is sure as hell ours to work around 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

I think I've cracked it.

Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 10.41.46.pngScreenshot 2022-08-03 at 10.42.14.png

RoyB
Legend

Testing where this goes…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Brilliant!

So all Now have done is changed the default, and all we have to do to see things the old way is change it back!

Mcbadger
Mentor

Yeah, it’s garbage. I only have sport yet the interface seems to do it’s best to hide all the sport and show me lots of things I don’t pay for and have no interest in. Then when I do get to sport, it seems to prioritise things that aren’t on some time in the future so I can’t watch before things that are on now.  
You have to try pretty hard to build an app this bad, it doesn’t happen by accident. Probably the product managers are optimising for upsell instead of easy to use. L