cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGboy
Scholar 2

Apple TV with Boost

I know that Boost HD is not supposed to be on the Apple TV but when I looked this morning the quality on sports looked better and when I pulled down the info it says it’s in HD. Is there any way of confirming if this is true or is it just a trick of my eyes?

Anyway, happy Christmas all and hopefully the new Apple TV Now app sometime soon......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your eyes deceiving you the joke that nowtv have left this app for 4 years is a joke. I’ve heard late jan 2020 for new nowtv app but don’t but money on it. Nowtv don’t communicate with there customers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nst
Elite

there's a couple of existing threads talking about the appleTV app.

but, seeing as the current (UK) appleTV app is now over 4 years old and somewhat ropey... i doubt that it even knows what 'HD' content means!  At best its picking up some metadata and displaying ut, but if it was boost, it would also say 5.1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your eyes deceiving you the joke that nowtv have left this app for 4 years is a joke. I’ve heard late jan 2020 for new nowtv app but don’t but money on it. Nowtv don’t communicate with there customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Afraid not. The Apple tv app has always stated itself as "HD", because it is, but it's only 720p HD rather than 1080p. Incidentally there isn't actually a massive amount wrong with 720p in itself, but it has to still have the bitrate to match, and Now tv never has done it justice. (if you ever want to try it, stick your apple tv in 720p in settings, and stream something decent in 1080p off Amazon Prime for example.)