cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Apple TV - some content not available

Hi all,

Have put this here because it’s not to do with an update but what seems like an error. 

Mostly working as expected, but two shows I have had repeat issues with:

- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver only goes to s06e09 on AppleTV search (but goes to s06e10 on the Now TV dedicated app). Newest episode not on ATV queue. 

- Saturday Night Live goes to s46e17 on Apple TV search (goes to s46e18 on Now TV dedicated app). Newest episode not on ATV queue. 

This means it doesn’t come up on the Apple TV integration “Up Next” line. SNL might just be a slight lag as it aired recently, but LWT is about a week late. 

Anyone have any issues with these, or other, shows. 

21 REPLIES 21
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

...and "There's Something About Movies" s04e01.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T is this something you can help @Simonpaddy1 with?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Thanks @gavs82008 - out of interest do the shows appear for you? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simonpaddy1 
This is what I see on my iPhone app of NOW. See below pictures.

923C2561-CE1E-4305-B0AD-E13F04551266.png

D33E0ED0-6AB7-4272-BA80-D3714B8DEBEE.png

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Ah, yes see I get the same on the Now app, it's the Apple TV integration that isn't working. On most shows it brings up the next episode as it appears, for some shows it seems the integration isn't pushing through (you'll see the last episode on Apple TV search is a few episodes behind what is actually on the apps).

For other Now shows I watch (Mare of Easttown, Bobs Burgers) the new episode appear on the ATV integration shortly after airing. 

Screenshot below is as of a few moments ago. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simonpaddy1 
That’s just odd. Unfortunately I don’t have an Apple TV, so I can’t be much help.

To ask obvious questions have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

I've tried delete / reinstall on iPhone and on main TV box. In my limited understanding though a search through the Apple TV box will show you any content from any integrated app (presumably the idea being if you want to watch something and you search for it, you'll see the app it's on and decide to subscribe even if it's not an app you typically use). The fact the series is there but specific episodes are missing is what has led me to believe that for whatever reason NOW is not talking to the ATV integration aspect on these episodes and therefore they are not being found and pulled through in these small number of instances. I seem to recall All4 has similar issues when it first integrated but these have long been fixed.

As I say, for most of the things I'm watching the integration feature has been a game-changed, so it's doubly frustrating when it doesn't quite work. 

nst
Elite

@Simonpaddy1 

As a bit of a seasoned veteran using the TV app… I can tell you this isn’t unique to NowTV.

I have found many instances in the past where something isn’t appearing on up next… and when you search for it the episode that you know should be available isn’t.  This is particularly prevalent with the All4 app - and also iPlayer too.

When, however, you go into the ‘source’ app - there’s the episode you are expecting.

Why is this?  No idea.  It happens from time to time..  it’s annoying for sure but for once I don’t think its entirely NowTVs fault.

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Yeah, I’ve witnessed the same: you have weird outliers like this series of Taskmaster where the 2020 airing Xmas special has a higher episode number than the 2021 series, which means it thinks that the 2020 Xmas special is the “most recent” episode and therefore the integration is not picking up on the weekly release. 

Generally though they eventually kick into place after a day or two (so late rather than not at all).