cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV login failed

Username and password not recognised and been through steps on other threads. Password only contains letters and numbers. I only have one device registered and that is my phone which connects fine. Can you please advise me what I can divans what the problem is
Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Karl-F - when should I expect a reply?

G

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Karl-F,

Restoring the apple tv to factory settings fixed the problem.

Cheers,

Gareth

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This didn't work for me. It's sad to see this issue was raised over a year ago and Sky hasn't bothered to do anything about it. I can't get Sky in my building and had high hopes for this, guess it's back to Virgin.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Some users have reported changing their password to one that only contains letters allows them to log in successfully. If your password includes numbers you might want to try this in case it works for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy. I tried a password with no numbers and this still doesn't work.

I'm astounded by how lax Sky is with online security if one cannot have a password containing special characters - especially since payment card details are saved in an account.

Guess we'll just have to wait for all our accounts to be hacked and payment details stolen before action is taken, if Sky's security is lax here it will be lax everywhere.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sorry that didn't work for you, hopefully one of the NOW TV Team will pick up your thread in due course and come up with a solution that will get you working (I don't use ATV anymore but I do know where there have been problems in the past with logging in most seem to get sorted with help in the end).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found the problem. Log into ATV4 with username not email address.

I have two Apple TVs, a v3 and a v4.

v3 requires you to sign in with an email address, said email address is then pre-populated in v4 after you download NowTV the first time. 

Delete email address and replace with NowTV username. 

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's useful to know, cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Waste of time the tech team never contact you.
I have the same issue. Works on my pc but not on my Apple TV
Total joke.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to sign in. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Have you changed your password so it doesn't include any special characters? 

Can you please try factory resetting your Apple tv? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team