cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV app

Hi all,

The Now TV app was last updated in 2015! I've spoken to NOW TV via their chat and they seem to fob it off and say that they will pass it on - I had the same response over a year ago! does anyone know if they will ever update the app as it outdated and limited compared to the app on my Xbox or their own devices.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous User 
New app for tv currently in beta

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I become part of the beta testing?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Email the trails team at the address on this link https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-News/We-need-your-help/m-p/352255#M130

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something must have gone seriously wrong at NowTV.

The current Apple TV app is the one that was quietly added to UK devices back before there was even an app store for the Apple TV. It's been sat there quietly getting more and more dated, more and more likely to crash (at least for me).

Over a year ago they had a new version ready for testing. They asked for beta testers. It's incredible, honestly incredible, that more than twelve months later the revised app hasn't been released. 

What on earth has happened? Maybe they outsourced the development to a tvOS developer who let them down. Maybe they didn't budget enough. Who knows? 

This time last year we were speculating that maybe they were holding off on releasing the app so that it could integrate properly with the then soon-to-be-released Apple TV app. That came out in October 2018 (I think). Still there's no update.

I'm giving it until the end of the year. If there's no update, I'm cancelling my subscription. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.