cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV app update!

Hi all,

Ive been trying to find out what's been going on with Now TV realising a updated Apple TV app as the current one is really not fir for purpose.

I've managed to get in touch with their Trials Manager and ive managed to find out that it was on staff trial on October and initial plans to realise for public trial before December what clearly did not happen - now I suppose its just a waiting game for the public trials to be rolled out!

Thanks. 

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Theres already a thread on this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What’s the other tread called?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch 99% of my NowTV content on my Apple TV. It’s such a pain to have to:

1. open the app and see it there’s a new episode. if there is...

2. Search for it on the Apple TV app. 
3. Watch the episode. 
4. Play the episode I just watched on my phone and skip to the end so that is shows as watched in my Watchlist. 

Besides being a bad user experience for years, it can’t be helping their stats if every episode I watch shows as being watched twice!

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Ooft, this subject line really got my hopes up! :’(

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree that you need to be able to have the boost working (and it will be)  before the app is released. Hence why I think it won’t be imminent but hopefully not too far away.

It took a long time to get through on the NowTV own devices but hopefully now it is released it should roll through quite quickly, then again look how long HDR is taking on the main sky platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haha just seen this I think it says everything about what's going on at nowtv.

https://careers.sky.com/ourteams/nowtv/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Third week in January was mentioned to me when speaking to a Sky R&D guy in town the other day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If that's true it's a joke. As I've said previously to let an app as popular as that not to have been updated for 4 years questions should be asked. Whilst I dont want an inferior app on a platform there has been no attempt to sort this. I've no idea which is head of research and development at sky or if now tv is run separately but someone clearly not done there job right. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think i'm buying anymore Now TV Passes until the app is sorted as its basically unusable for my needs!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I wise idea. My sports ends in January so when this app gets updated for apple I'll purchase a pass.