cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV app update!

Hi all,

Ive been trying to find out what's been going on with Now TV realising a updated Apple TV app as the current one is really not fir for purpose.

I've managed to get in touch with their Trials Manager and ive managed to find out that it was on staff trial on October and initial plans to realise for public trial before December what clearly did not happen - now I suppose its just a waiting game for the public trials to be rolled out!

Thanks. 

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what I’ve heard over at avforums the app is ready it’s been in beta for over a year and been released in Ireland, the idea of releasing it in beta is so the public can test it so I don’t know what’s been said to you but clearly it’s wrong. The development team behind this don’t seem to have a clue what to do. How any app that is allowed to go 4 years without an update is simply shocking. They can give you the hd boost but can’t get the now tv app right for Apple and other platforms. Here’s what i was told over avforumd

The reason the Apple TV 4K app doesn't support boost yet is due to the app not having been updated for a long time. However I have it on good authority that there is an update coming very soon which will bring apparently @Anonymous User knows more information.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I couldn’t possibly comment 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I’ll take that as a yes. Whilst I understand your nda people here would appreciate when this is gonna get updated after all there paying a lot of money for sports and not getting the best quality. I myself watched amazon prime football last night and it was great 1080p as is BT sport let’s hope this situation is sorted ASAP.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Believe me I understand how frustrating it is but all I can do is offer my own personal view that won’t cross any lines.

Personally I wouldn’t expect to see any update the the version 4 build but also personally I wouldn’t expect a new release imminently,  especially with the HD boost. I know that is a bit useless but it is difficult to say anything more.

Hooba
Scholar 3

There's no point releasing a new app that doesn't do the HD boost. There's absolutely no way I'd go back to 720p 25 fps just to enjoy the benefit of using a shiny new Apple TV app. Even if I did, I'd promptly cancel my Boost subscription.

Since the Boost, which I watch through a newly purchased (begrudgingly) NowTV stick I'm not watching anymore NowTV than I was before - despite the much better quality - because its a ball ache to have to find the remote, switch HDMI on the TV. Bonkers - as all of this feeds in to whether or not I feel like subscribing in any given month. More often than not, I don't.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wanna watch my football in proper 1080p not 720p at 25 fps. I've had to resort to watching this now on my black now tv box with the hd boost. Its slow as anything but surely with my apple box I shouldn't have to do this. So just for clarification you thinks its acceptable that sky havent updated the nowtv app on all platforms in 4 years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it would be interesting to see how it looks in Ireland?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for dragging this up again, but I’m baffled by the lack of new app

I was on the public beta last year and the app was great, worked like a charm and then they suddenly stopped providing updates to test through Test Flight

it must have been 99% finished by that point, so why have they shelved it? Going back to the old app is horrible 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was in email communication with someone from Now TV before Christmas anout becoming a public tester and the reply’s was always “waiting for a meeting, then I’ll update you” or just finishing it off before it goes to public but that email contact has since stoped!