cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV app crashes immediately

This morning we cannot load the Now TV app. We select the app see the loading wheel for a few seconds before being returned to the home screen.

I've restarted the Apple TV and reinstalled the Now TV app but it does not resolve the issue.

Anyone else having this problem.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue, deleted and reinstalled the app and still cant get in

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Paul-Hastie @koba

Welcome to the forum. Looks like it might be a wider issue at NOW TV's end. I'll tag @Karl-F @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team and they can pass it on to be looked at.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

looks like it is now working again... really must get a keyboad for the apple tv or a shorter email address for when i have to log back in!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with our Apple TV app.

I see from your latest post that everything is back up and running, are you able to confirm this for me @Anonymous User? 

@Anonymous User Have you had any luck getting back in?

Also, thanks for making us aware @Andy

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i can confirm the app is working on my Apple Tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll check it tonight

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the same issue. Anyone identified the cause of it? Worked last night, just tried now and got the Auth Error for a split second and then the app crashes.

2nd gen Apple TV, based in the U.K. (As I saw on another thread that was the suggested cause) without any VPN.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just checked my Apple TV gen 3 and both the NowTV entertainment and movie pass are playing fine with no errors.

I am guessing you tried rebooting both the ATV and your Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just switched back to Apple TV after using Roku for the last few years. We’ve got a brand new Apple TV 4K and everything is working fine EXCEPT the NowTV app. I click on the app and it just goes straight back to the home screen. Literally the exact same problem I reported above 2 years ago!

Anyone else feel that it’s unacceptable that after 2 years on a different device I have the same problem with NowTV. Reinstalling the app does nothing. Apple TV has the latest update. Restarted the device. Swiped up to remove clear NowTV from memory.

Is there a support number i can call? Because i need to vent!