cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV and HomePod Sky Sports Adverts

When watching sky sports on my apple tv 4k or apple tv 1080p I have the sound coming out of a homepod, (the issue occurs on hompod mini and the big one), as soon as the adverts comes on the sound cuts out and wont come back until you come out of the app and go back in even when the program resumes after the adverts.

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue I think it’s to do with the messing around with surround sound multi channel issues 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have the exact same issue! It’s been months now and it only happens with the Now TV app on my Apple TV. All other apps are fine. 

MarkyMarkD
Advocate

I have a similar issue when watching Sky Sports using the Now app on my Apple TV 4K with a Sonos Beam and two Sonos One’s. Pretty annoying at the start and end of every single ad break that the sound settings need to be messed around with. As per previous posters this doesn’t happen on any other apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue here too. Reset everything and still the issue is there. I even tethered to my iPhone and yep, you guessed it. Still the same issue 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. What is odd is when audio output is set for TV speakers all is good. When audio is the HomePods the issue occurs. Is this a NOW TV issue or Apple!? On basis it doesn’t happen watching live TV on other apps I’m guessing it’s a NOW TV app issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue on my HomePod mini and its very frustrating. Has anyone found any solutions to this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Apple TV 4K with HomePod stereo pair. With certain live sport show (like F1 or The Ashes) when it goes from show to adverts, or if you start watching mid adverts then going to the live show, the sound will stop. To get sound back you need to stop watching and then start watching the channel again. Using the tv speakers as output there’s no issue. Just happens with the HomePod stereo pair. And only on these programmes when they switch from show to adverts. No solution as yet.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Report the issue with staff via live chat or email.

Live chat by clicking “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address in the below picture.

03DEEF20-A7D4-4392-B831-25822812C829.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ferre11
Advocate

This accurately describes what I’m seeing. And issue is still present at time of writing.