cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV and HomePod Sky Sports Adverts

When watching sky sports on my apple tv 4k or apple tv 1080p I have the sound coming out of a homepod, (the issue occurs on hompod mini and the big one), as soon as the adverts comes on the sound cuts out and wont come back until you come out of the app and go back in even when the program resumes after the adverts.

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same issue here as well (AppleTV + Homepod pair).

At least you don’t have to listen to the adverts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue as well. Don’t mind missing the adverts but I wish the sound came back on after the ads. It’s so strange. I spoke with customer service and they wouldn’t acknowledge the problem and were trying to blame it on my router which is ridiculous. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue sound cutting off whilst watching Sky Sports whilst using Apple TV and Apple HomePods. Particularly at half time or commercial breaks.

It is very annoying coming out of the programme and re-entering to retrieve the sound.

Hopefully someone within Sky will review this thread, and provide a solution.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW staff seldom monitor the forum, your best to report the fault using the methods I provided in the post up from yours. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ScrumpyDaniel
Mentor

Yep, I’ve got exactly the same problem! I’ve reported it via Twitter as well and still nothing. Very frustrating! Glad I’m not alone though.

Would be great if they fixed their Sky Sports streams as it is, the picture on them is awful and has been now for a couple of years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just setup now tv app on firecube linked to echo studio.  I think the issue is related to the 5.1 setting as when the adverts come on they are not broadcast in 5.1 so it goes off.  Did anyone get a resolve to this or is it on NowT. To sort their app out?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.  These now tv apps are the worst set of apps of any streaming service in my opinion 

Ab76
Scholar

I bought some new HomePods last week and connected them to my Apple TV. How can this still be an issue? How can the most expensive streaming service in the UK be so technically inept? It’s not as if this is the only problem Now has with Apple TV and has had since it’s stupid app was relaunched years ago.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ab76 

No-one on here will be able to tell you. Use one of my posts with ways to get in touch with staff to have a proper rant. 

My guess is when they finally sort out the app on Apple TV is when other devices will get sorted.

Edit: threads to posts 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Ab76
Scholar

I emailed NOW earlier on and this is their response:

“We would like to inform you that we are aware of this issue are technical team is fixing the problem on a priority basis and they will get back to via email.”

Given that the issue has, based upon the date of this thread, existed for at least 18 months I wonder what a non-“priority basis” would have looked like.