cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robsa
Advocate

Apple TV NOW TV app always plays an old episode with 6 minutes remaining?

This is driving me crazy! Last month or so, when I go to watch a NOW TV program (The Wire, for example) it opens the last episode I watched with six minutes remaining, even though I watched the whole episode.

I am also then completely unable to select a different episode as I can't go to the show home.  The back button just takes me to the NOW TV Home Screen.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled and re-logged back in and it's still the same.

Am I doing something wrong?! Am I being an idiot?!

Can anyone help?  I really don't want to reset my whole Apple TV 4K but if it's the only solution I will.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Robsa 

Have you tried unplugging the device and your router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Robsa
Advocate

Ah! That seems to have done it, many thanks!

RoyB
Legend

@Robsa 

On every streaming service I use, not just Now, I have to let the next episode start, and run for a few seconds, before I quit the stream.

This is the only consistent way I have found from having the apps sometimes or always restart in the old episode, whether a few minutes from the end, or clear back to the beginning.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Robsa
Advocate

Thanks Roy, I’ll bear that in mind going forward 👍🏻