cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV Login Issues

Hi,

My Netflix account was compromised so I decided to also improve the password I use with NowTV. I can now login to my account on my laptop and iPhone but AppleTV keeps advising the username or password isn't recognised.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

cheers

d

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems the (awful AppleTV) app doesn't like complex passwords. I changed it for something less complex and it worked fine, logged on no problem.

d

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nst
Elite

Hi @Anonymous User 

I suspect that the same answer I gave on a different thread applies to your issues too:

" as we all know this app is long neglected and over 4 years since an update.  I dont think at this point its realistic to expect it to work at all well.

there is no point bothering with it until NowTV pull their finger out and update it.

whatever weird and wonderful quirks it has such as the ones you are experiencing are to be expected with such an old and neglected app.

all we can hope is that NowTV update their app for AppleTV, either that or remove it completely and officially discontinue support for the AppleTV platform as those using it are getting a significantly under par user experience.

p.s. I’m being a bit dramatic...as we do expect a new version soon (at least for the current version of the AppleTV hardware)"

So lets hope that we get the updated version very soon in 2020

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems the (awful AppleTV) app doesn't like complex passwords. I changed it for something less complex and it worked fine, logged on no problem.

d

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still cant login! Still no satisfactory update. 

Makes watching NowTV on my TV impossible 😢

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem in that I cannot login to nowtv on my apple tv box but I can use the same username and password on my laptop and then fire up nowtv on the apple TV and it appears.  It's a bit of a cumbersome workaround though.

Mike

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My understanding is that the Now TV app on Apple TV has been updated.

Check for updates to see if it’s the latest version.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help