cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV Content geo blocked (1301)

Hi,

I signed up to the three month Now TV deal and set up my apple TV with the application however it will not work on the Apple TV, it displays the message above every time. I have a static IP address so that cannot be changed but (and this is where it gets weird) it works fine on my iPhone and iPad using the same connection and if I try another connection the Apple TV works fine. I have followed the advice (re-installed app, reset apple TV etc) to no avail.

Anything that I can do to get this working or do I need to get a refund from Now TV?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bump

Anyone from Now TV want to help or respond?

This is terrible customer service.

Anyone know of another way I can get Now TVs attention?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue today. (Geo blocked on Apple TV. Was fine up until last night.  I’ll let you know if I get an answer from them 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on the appletv. It was working fine last week. This is so frustrating! There is no customer support help. All my other streaming services are working fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get anything from them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So no direct answer from Now TV, what I did get was a "survey" to detail my experience. Not surprisingly I scored it quite low.

Then I got the option to "test" new Now TV services, decided to try it and guess what....

The page wouldn't load

Dissapointing doesn't even begin to describe the Now TV experience.

Does anyone have a number so that I can call a human being about this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow this gets better so the link was to loungelab at Sky UK which closed in 2018.

RoyB
Legend

Is your ISP ‘Voodoophone’, by any chance?

After a power outage, they seem to have assigned all (some?) of their customers Indian IP addresses.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No not at all, but again even if it was other home internet devices can connect to now tv with no issues. Only the Apple TV app that is failing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, thought I would let you know how I got on. Managed to log a call via the ticketing system, told them the details they needed and then......nothing until last weekend when I got a messaged saying it was fixed and my provider had, had some IP address issues (spoiler alert: They hadn't). So I thought "OK they must have done something". Logged in via Apple TV and.....Content geo blocked (1301).

iPad, fine

iPhone, fine

Only the Apple TV app not working. Now when I try and log a call today no "live chat"

This is so poor