cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV 4k new Now TV app not supporting standard Apple playback controls

The old Now TV app supported the standard Apple TV playback controls on the remote the new Now TV app has its own custom controls that are very hard to use and un responsive like an old VCR. is there a way to enable the standard controls in the new Now TV App?

3 REPLIES 3
nst
Elite

No.

And theres a whole thread dedicated to the shortcomings of the AppleTV App.  This issue has already been talked about extensively in there.

NowTV have decided to not adopt the standard AppleTV controls which most (but not all) other apps on the platform do.

Why?  At a guess so the app looks identical to the other platforms - even at the expense of usability.

As the other thread is obviously TL;DR for you (otherwise you wouldn't have created this thread) - this was extensively fed back to the developers through the long protracted beta trial... and yet you can see the result of that being ignored with whats been delivered.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you point me to the other thread

My guess: TL;DR = Too Long; Didn't Read ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can’t miss it.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Update-Now-TV-app-for-apple-TV/td-p/366659/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help