cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV 4K update

Hi there, I’ve been doing a lot of research and I’m considering getting rid of Sky Q and just having Apple TV. What I want to know is, does Now TV on Apple TV stream in 4K? Or what is the resolution of it. I don’t want to go and buy an Apple TV if it turns out that it’s more expensive than Sky when the quality isn’t as good. I’ll get the Now Tv 4K box if not...

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi.

Cannot get Atmos view arc as lg only offer that on their 2017 pled TVs.
Mine 2016 e6.

Hopefully now TV will update their app on Apple TV. Not going to hold my
breath though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch 99% of my NowTV content on my Apple TV. It’s such a pain to have to:

1. Open the app and see it there’s a new episode. if there is...

2. Search for it on the Apple TV app. 
3. Watch the episode. 
4. Play the episode I just watched on my phone and skip to the end so that is shows as watched in my Watchlist. 

Besides being a bad user experience for years, it can’t be helping their stats if every episode I watch shows as being watched twice!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldn't recommend switching to Apple TV. As well as the comments below regarding the streaming quality there is basic missing functionality such as "My list" so everytime you want to wtch the next episode you have to go and find it and try and remember which episdoe you last watched. 

Additionally there is no integration with the Apple TV app and the watch next feature.

Now TV is among the worst streaming apps on Apple TV. It doesn't even contain the functionality you find on their app on other devices 😞  

I would sign up for a sports pass immediately if they were able to provide a half decent solution but that doesn't exist yet.