cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tray_1664
Mentor

App on Samsung Tv's failure 06/2020

As of this morning the Now TV App appears to no longer function on Samsung TV's. I have 2 different models and just get the spinning balls of doom when the app is opened. Re-installing, switching off, restarting modem doesn't fix. I'm assuming there has been some sort of update to either the tv's or most likely the app. 

Models are UE43RU7470U and UE40JU6000K

Any one from Now TV care to offer any help?

9 REPLIES 9
Sf
Advocate

I have same problem...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, same here as well. Although still working on one of my Samsung TV's for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having exactly the same issue,  is now TV gonna do something about it

tray_1664
Mentor

So after live chat with Now - ".. it's a known issue and the issue will be rectified shortly. Our team is working on it". now player on laptop also not working now (thinks I'm offline) so obvioulsy something major going on somewhere. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the issue on 2 Samsung TVs, BT TV/YouView set top box, iPhone and PS4, yet the service status on the Now TV checker is showing no issues

tray_1664
Mentor

Service message has just been added to website stating an issue on Now TV app across all devices. So they are hopefully on it - and will be getting a lot of contact I assume. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing the exact same and it’s not working on my BT box either rather annoying! 😫 glad it’s not just me, think we could do with some explanation!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just bought a new Samsung a month ago. (1/21) the app worked fine the. Last night it stopped. I did what the advice was and deleted it to reinstall, but now I can’t reinstall it. Can anyone help?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Usually setting the TV back to factory settings will squash bugs in the system. 

If you can give that a try it might become avaliable for download again.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help