cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App improvement for Apple TV 4k

Hello, 

Will there be an update to the app for Apple TV and when? I hope so, I can't even view my watchlist.  I ask because it determines if I keep my apple TV or not as I was my NOW tv regularly. 

Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It could even be something simple for us, but more complex for Now tv. Even something like having to resubmit the app because it isn’t matching TvOS guidelines correctly or what have you can cause delays to these things. Hopefully whatever it is, is sorted soon. I think it’s safe to say most of us are well overdue a decent app to come about.

Very true. thats why its taking them 3 years as its never updated since oct 2015. I tell you the truth it has been delayed for prupose. anyhow Can you tel me where apple tv app beta. its not happening anymore Just to push their new Now tv 4k box. which still gives you 720p now tv plus netflix and youtube in 4k. I understand bussiness and their intrest. But people are requesting Now tv apple tv app like for years. No one cares about it. Better would be pull down current now tv appple app untill you can not provide qulity app. I am affraid to say but its smiple a shame. I feel sorry for their developers.    

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, there is one huge issue with the Apple TV NowTV app, lack of access to MyTV. Would adding this really hurt SkyQ sales? It's such a pain to have to keep another device to hand to see what is on my watchlist and check what episode I have watched up to, manually search for the show, season and episode every time I watch something.

If NowTV have promised going to HD then this should also be a priority, however much it hurts sales of other devices. They shouldn't dangle that in front of users then delay it deliberately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anybody actually asked sky and now tv if they are going to do the beta? I ha e and some weeks back got a email from them saying it’s coming in the next few weeks, however nothing.

so I asked again in another email, sent two days ago and not had a reply! Maybe this is because they are so embarrassed that they said it would be soon and still not out, or they have cancelled it altogether. 

I am Sick of all the media and film industry dictating what, how and when we can watch content that we purchased, if we pay we should be able to watch how we want when we want and on whatever devices we want!

just get on with it or close it down, and let us buy our content from a company that actually wants our business 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Of course ther is one other idea!

sky are soon to offer all there content via the internet to combat amazon and Netflix! So this may see the demise of now tv! 

Basically Sky Q over the internet with no dish! 

This may be the reason there is no money going into the now tv app!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sheer lack of updates to the app is really poor. 

Irrespective of not being able to access ‘my tv’ is the fact that when watching boxsets it doesn’t remember which episode your watched last or ask if you want to watch the next episode. 

Ive been watching the wire and at the end of each episode the screen just holds on black. I then have to press menu, which does nothing, and then press it again which takes you back to the main entertainment menu and you have to go back into the series and then navigate back to the series you were on and then select the next episode you want to watch, hoping that you’ve remembered which ep you’ve just watched. 

Thats a systemic failure of the app irrespective of adding features that, in all fairness, should really be there anyway. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that would be awesome especially if it was PAYG like NOW TV