cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App for Nvidia Shield TV

The Nvidia Shield TV has apps available from every mainstream streaming service out there except for Now TV. Are there any plans for this to be available? A lot of people want this.

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of today there is still no APK for NowTV that works on Nvidia.  However Amazon have added Now TV to their Firestick Lite and the Firestick 4K. Both give great streaming as well as many new added free and legal streaming apps available.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not true. The APK I have works on Nvidia shield in English region.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Sony APK works on the Nvidia shield but not for Irish subscriptions. I can install the app but it doesn't recognize that I have subscriptions and wants me to subscribe again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you let me know where you obtained the APK for the Shield, as it's not available in the Google Play store? I am assuming it's a legit app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I googled the Sony TV apk and it installs fine and works well with the remote. Unfortunately it doesn't recognize Irish subscriptions so I deleted it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I got from a link that has been since removed. It's the Sony TV APK that
only works for England region. I can send if you know a method that works
for you?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you only want NOW (Sky Sports) the best way to solve it is get the BT Ultimate Sport package. All of the sport in one place with an App for Shield. Works well in4K/HDR

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've given up on this and cancelled my TV & Movies subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no app but shield does have built-in chrome cast so you can cast it.

I find the best way is to load ur movie /program on ur phone / tablet etc first then cast it to shield. 

When I cast first then choose movie it can crash or restart. I know it's not what u wanted but it's the only workaround for now.   Hope I helped a tiny bit xbx 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting last comment, above. Casting NOW to the chromecast built into the nvidia shield doesn't work, that's exactly the problem.