cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App for Nvidia Shield TV

The Nvidia Shield TV has apps available from every mainstream streaming service out there except for Now TV. Are there any plans for this to be available? A lot of people want this.

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's working for me 😁
billae01
Mentor

I was just about to click BUY for the Nvidia Shield Pro, when I noticed most of the shots didn't have NOW. 

I like NOW, I have 1080p and the picture appears superior on the 4 core NOW TV box I have used for ages. I don't think the new interface is as good as the original but maybe that is just me. It has Freeview, Sky entertainment, Kids, Movies and Sport. No Hayu as that seems to be a lot of nonsense made for Yankees.  I have a Youview box which offers all of the above including NOW, Amazon Prime and Netflix. I can use either box. I could add entertainment and sports and kids channels  to that box but don't since that is stupid and Sky Atlantic is only on NOW. 

I don't play games and wanted Shield pro to upscale to 4K. To find that NOW will not work is simply disgraceful. If the other box will, I'll simply cease to be a NOW  customer.

Virgin Media is at this moment being installed on my streets. Beware NOW, you are not precious enough to deny what customers wish! I don't use Sky because I don't want a dish. No dish with Virgin but I will be comparing costs and services. Should I simply press the Buy button today and get the Amazon discount?

Starting adverts is a game changer. I don't pay you for Ads. I pay to avoid the damned things.

Very poor regard for customers. You don't care if a few migrate elsewhere but what if we find out you are superfluous to our needs? You may care then.

madgolfer
Mentor

hi

did you download Now Tv App to your Nvidia shield or did your shield have it preloaded ??

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@madgolfer 

That user you’ve replied to is no longer on the forum so they will never be able to reply to your question or even receive notification of your post.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @madgolfer 

I don't own a Nvidia Shield, but I am assuming the NOW App would be in the Google Play Store directly off your Shield (like my Chromecast Google 4K TV).

If the NOW App is not there check the region and date / clock settings on the Shield and if using a VPN then either set to UK or disable it.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Interesting last comment, above. Casting NOW to the chromecast built into the nvidia shield doesn't work, that's exactly the problem.

Hi @Anonymous User 

the next time you try to cast now to the shield have a look at the settings in the now app and try making sure the audio is switched to stereo and see if this helps, as there is an audio issue with some chrome cast built-in devices and 5.1 audio at the moment. And the issue may not be specific to Now

I initially thought that it was an issue only with the 'Humax Aura'  from what I've been reading here perhaps not. Certainly in the case of the Aura. This is not an issue specific to Now as there is no service or output 5.1 audio on the Aura when casting at this time 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting is an annoying work around! Sort this out “Now” or you have lost another customer. I have just left Sky and come over to NowTV and I am well annoyed the app is not on my shield. I will never use Sky or Now again. What a joke!!!! Just release the the app. I bet it’s just because they can’t the HD money of you because of the upscaling. Even though I would pay anyway for the other benefits you get.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You are best to send an email as this is a customer forum, your "feedback" will go unheard. Address for customer service in the below picture.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
madgolfer
Mentor

https://youtu.be/UeXEnUW4tq8

The link explains why Nvidia shield can not load lots of apps you may enjoy.  It also provides a solution.  I have not tried the solution because I did not purchase an Nvidia shield because  Now Tv is not supported.  It looks like it may work.  Hopefully one of you shield owners will they this a solution and let the community know.

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @madgolfer 

The Shield should have native NOW App support.

When this thread was first started it wasn't, but since then the Shield and Android TV is now officially supported by NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-set-top-boxes-streaming-devices-can-i-use-to-watch 

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-now-tv-android-tv-chromecast/