cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else having problems casting today? Chrome cast or Now TV issue

I think it's a problem at Now TVs end as I say there is a issue watching Now TV following a device change 29/05/17. Says should be resolved by 31/05 lunchtime but I'm still unable to cast to chrome cast. You tube works fine. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I've had same issue earlier and then had a update for NOW TV app on my iPhone, so still have problems I even thought was wifi issue
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad it's not just me. I tried to live chat to Now TV but they cut me off before I had a chance to work out what is going on.   Just tried to cast a film and it started to play, but when I tried to cast another film the same problem is happening. I get a error message saying to try again later or to check my Now TV account for any issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me. I tried to live chat to Now TV but they cut me off before I had a chance to work out what is going on.   Just tried to cast a film and it started to play, but when I tried to cast another film the same problem is happening. I get a error message saying to try again later or to check my Now TV account for any issues.

@Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've rebooted my wifi.  I've deleted my chromecast as a device and reconnected it.  Now TV and Chromecast are definitely talking to each other, but when I get all the way to pressing play on a film / show and the TV, my ipad  and TV (chromecast)both whirl until I get an error message on my iPad saying 'Something's not right.  Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/staus for updates.'

I'm paying for Movies, Kids and Entertainment, and if I can't cast it on to my TV there is no point me continuing membership.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I'm still getting same issues like you but my now tv ap has updated to version 7.6 and before update worked, need now tv to fix it if there is a bug so @Anonymous User pass it on to technical team to fix
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. Tried casting from both Android phone and iPad and the connection just hangs at the splash screen.
BBC iPlayer etc all working fine so network not an issue
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

According to this link below, NowTV seem to be having some technical difficulties with their service.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Phone-Broadband-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-20-6-2017/m-p/430860#M82

Maybe that's the reason you had casting issues ?

Does the NowTV stream play directly from phone without casting ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Streaming works on phone/iPad. Think the issue is just specific to the casting case. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now working