cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any plans to support 50fps on LG C9 with nowtv boost?

Bit frustrated that I have purchased a LG c9 to find out I can get the full 1080p on programs with boost but there is no 50fps support?

Is this planned in the pipeline? Any estimated dates?

I would use my xbox but that also does not support the 50fps either

• LG
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you manage to get an answer to this question ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope did not get an answer 😞

Saint1976
Elite 3

No 50fps but you may not have noticed they've added red button services to the sports month pass on LG TV!

Screenshot_20200615-151850.jpg

nst
Elite

whoopee.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. The best TV and NowTV looks really poor. The ball when in  fuzzy. Anyone found any settings to improve this? Going to return my Premier league pass as assumed the boost would resolve this. 

nst
Elite

With respect... NowTV are quite transparent about what devices support what... 

Instead of wanting to return the pass... you'd have known that your TV cant support 50fps... and if you have been waiting for that to change well... things dont seem to change that dynamically at NowTV!

I must say, im not criticising you... but this highlights a wider problem with boost.

As has been discussed many times in here, boost is a real pain in that its not available on all devices, and not fully (50fps) on others.

You'd have hoped that Boost would have been supported across all hardware at launch ... which it wasn't.  Most should be capable of 1080p and 5.1... but perhaps not all are capable of 50fps depending on hardware.

As has been said many times again.... honestly its not worth relying on inbuilt TV apps for NowTV.... what you'll find is that they are either old, or worse still eventually unsupported... and rarely kept up to date.

Keep your sports pass, but "invest" £25 in a NowTV stick... yes I know that having the inbuilt app on the TV is preferable.. but the stick will give you a full boost experience with 50fps and is frankly extremely cheap.. there are other boxes available at more money but an external device plugged into a spare HDMI socket is the way to go to get the best possible service and should that hardware become obsolete its easily and cheaply upgraded and replaced without having to change the TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

Hello i think the reason maybe that the LG app doesn't is that there is a lot of maybe early LG Web OS TVs chips that maybe couldn't support 50FPS that is only reason I can think of not to support 50FPS on them. In regards to the Xbox that is a total mystery as i think the BT Sport app actually does 4K on the Xbox so it's surely not a hardware issue at all.

In fairness Boost is available on everything now apart from PC/Mac and iOS/Android the other are older devices and won't get it they have taken time but they have expanded the list.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Slowly, they have indeed but not uniformly for the reasons we have said...

But really, a separate streaming stick or device is always the best bet... sadly...

.. fingers crossed the AppleTV is nearly due to join the club!