cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on a native app for Sony Android TV?

Are there any plans to have an app on Android TV? Chromecast works well but an app on the home screen would be better.

I asked this back in 2015, just wondering if plans have changed since then and we'll get an app...

Thanks.

Ashley

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's nearly 2020, we have been asking for this app for nearly 2 years. The Sony TV platform is Android and an App is already available for Samsung and LG TVs running the same OS. Please confirm if there is some form of exclusivity arrangement in place with these manufacturers - it's the only reason I can see that NOW TV refuse to port the app to other Android TV's. It's a joke.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Samsung and LG are not, thank God, Android TVs,

Samsungs use Tizen and LGs use webOS, both pretty proprietary. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gee thanks Roy 🙄

@Anonymous User As I understand it, a beta trial of a native app to run on Sony Android tv was announced some time ago. I applied but I didn’t hear anything further (probably because I was already beta trialling the Apple tv app). Presumably it’s still in the works!