cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on a native app for Sony Android TV?

Are there any plans to have an app on Android TV? Chromecast works well but an app on the home screen would be better.

I asked this back in 2015, just wondering if plans have changed since then and we'll get an app...

Thanks.

Ashley

13 REPLIES 13
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey @Anonymous User

We haven't heard anything related to this. The best way to keep up to date on devices is by checking our device help page right here https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Have a nice evening Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like the same thing for my Phillips Android TV. 

With more Android TVs coming out, it would seem prudent to provide one. Surely it can't be much more work to adapt it from Android for tablets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whilst Android TVs aren't huge in raw numbers, that number of TV sets with Android TV as it's OS is still a very sizeable chunk of the British TV market. I implore you to heed the word of your customers, and follow the example of Netflix, and create a native app for Android TV.

Netflix only got so big because it was so ubiquitous.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please do this, it is a glaring gap!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Its also pathetic that Now TV isn't on Amazon Fire Sticks/TVs. 

Not purchasing another stick just to have my Now TV content when I travel. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

But you would carry a Sony Android TV with you when you travel? 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Depends on if I can fit it in my suitcase. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another vote here for a native app for Android on Sony TVs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a Sony Android TV and looking for a native app, seems silly not to have one. I don't want any additional devices, sticks, boxes extra remotes or having to cast etc. I'm currently on a trial of NowTV that came with my broadband and casting at the moment, but if the time comes to pay for this service I will be out unless there is a native solution. Wishful thinking considering how long this has been asked for, but adding my feedback so hopefully it helps prompt some action or at least some news on if one is in the pipeline?