cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonia
Advocate

Amazon firestick and Nowtv app

Hi, Hoping for help. I can load the Now app, have even managed to watch a film on my tv (through Amazon firestick) and on my iPad earlier in the month, but now when I start a film the screen just goes blank. There is still audio, but no picture, even though the menu loaded fine with images etc. any help? Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sonia 

There was an update to the Amazon fire stick today (well I carried one out). Have you ensured the stick is fully updated?

What happens when you clear the app cache?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GJZBJS5B8VBCGQ48

Or delete and reinstall the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sonia
Advocate

Hi, 

Yep, done all if those things and still nothing. It plays trailers and live films but nothing else. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sonia 

Can I assume you’ve tried unplugging both the fire stick and your router for a few minutes?

Otherwise I would suggest to report via live chat. You have to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

You could also email support using the address from the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1672179213676.jpeg

Sonia
Advocate

Thanks, yep turned off etc, still no joy. It’ll play fine on the iPad, so obviously something with  the firestick, as other people have had issues with. Struggling to find the online chat option anywhere…

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sonia 

See below picture where you will find the "chat online" button from the link I posted.

gavs82008_0-1672240340269.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Sonia

A few Fire Stick owners have reported this and from what I can tell it is affecting customers more who don't have Boost.

Somebody over on Twitter said that live chat resolved it for them but didn't say how.

Other customers who have contacted live chat didn't get it resolved and live chat wasn't aware of the problem reported by a number of people.

Should live chat fix it for you, then please report back with the solution on how it was fixed to help other Fire Stick owners with the same issue.

Thanks. 

Sonia
Advocate

Thanks, will do. Just as soon as I can find how to ‘chat online’! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sonia
Advocate

It works! Randomly it’s only the adverts at the start of the film that won’t display. The actual film will. Who knows why? I’ll be cancelling at the end of the month anyway, so doesn’t matter for me, as long as I can watch for the next two weeks! Thanks both for your input.