cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K + Boost pass: 5.1 & HD?

Hi,

In anticipation of watching Snyder’s Justice League next week, I’m getting lined up with Cinema Pass+Boost.

Historically I’ve subscribed & watched at will to the Entertainment Pass via Apple TV 4K, so 720p and 2 channel stereo. Whilst Apple TV 4K supports the HD part of boost, it still doesn’t support 5.1 sound.

So I’m looking at playing NowTV back via Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. Question is, does this definitely support BOTH 1080p HD AND 5.1?

Wanting to be sure before spending the money ahead of the premiere next Thursday.

14 REPLIES 14
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @AlexB83 

So Gavs

You've not seen Wonder Woman 1984, I have and I would say "Don't Bother" coz' it's a couple hours of your life you'll never get back.

Patty Jenkins, the director of the first Wonder Woman film, took on multiple roles in WW84 and, I think, developed a god complex and so believing she "could do no wrong" promptly delivered an illogical, morally dubious, dog's breakfast of a film.

Now Gavs, you know I'm a fan of all things "Superhero" and for me to criticise any superhero film or show, even really bad ones, indicates that something is terribly wrong.

Yeah, WW84 is indeed a masterclass in how not to make a superhero film.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlexB83 

That's your opinion and your very welcome to share it. 

I too am a big Batman fan. But in my opinion, its miles better than Superman Returns and Batman & Robin, those films were just god awful.

Either way, like I said in my view I am looking forward to the new film. I personally have enjoyed the fanchise, the 2017 version of Justice League was just pathetic and rushed in my eyes. 

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less who directs it, just as long as I enjoy the film and don't feel ripped off, which is was happened with Justice League 2017.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AlexB83
Scholar 2

@gavs82008 oh I agree those films were just as bad. Maybe we were just popped by Christopher Nolans series which for me were the perfect Batman films. I'm also really excited to see the new Batman film with Robert Pattinson, that looks right up my street from what we have seen so far

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlexB83 

Definetely agree with you there, the Nolan films are still my favorite. Don't see anything beating that!

The Patterson film looks like it could be interesting, I think he will be a great Bruce Wayne. If its a mash up of the Keaton and Bale films then I will be happy!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ChiefSpaceGobln 

Just to confirm what @Anonymous User and @nst have already said. This link will tell you all you need to know. 

But yes I own a Fire Stick and all "Boost" features are supported. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of NOW TV Boost:

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • Any NOW TV Box
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
  • Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • A supported Samsung TV
  • Sony TV (most models from 2016)
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One (50fps not currently available)
  • Xbox Series X & S (50fps not currently available)
  • Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound not supported on Apple TV)
  • YouView (including TalkTalk & BT boxes)
  • LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available)
  • JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV
  • Chromecast Ultra or 3rd generation (note that 1st and 2nd generation Chromecast devices are not supported. See the image below if you're not sure what generation your Chromecast is.)