cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K + Boost pass: 5.1 & HD?

Hi,

In anticipation of watching Snyder’s Justice League next week, I’m getting lined up with Cinema Pass+Boost.

Historically I’ve subscribed & watched at will to the Entertainment Pass via Apple TV 4K, so 720p and 2 channel stereo. Whilst Apple TV 4K supports the HD part of boost, it still doesn’t support 5.1 sound.

So I’m looking at playing NowTV back via Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. Question is, does this definitely support BOTH 1080p HD AND 5.1?

Wanting to be sure before spending the money ahead of the premiere next Thursday.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ChiefSpaceGobln 

I can confirm absolutely the Amazon Firestick supports the entire NowTV platform from 5.1 to Bonus Streams. 

nst
Elite

Yes.... 100%.

If you want to be really naughty..... buy a firestick 4K from Amazon... Take out the free 7 day trial of the boost pass.... watch the movie before the 7 days is up, cancel the pass, then send back the Firestick.  All free.

Sadly NowTV (with the "assistance" of content sharing deals) has suddenly made the Firestick its number one option - and therefore its the best of the lot when it comes to support.

So much for AppleTV.

AlexB83
Scholar 2

It seems like a lot of effort for what will inevitably be a terrible film 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlexB83 

Surely can't be worse than the pile of s*** we had with the original?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AlexB83
Scholar 2

@gavs82008 Zack Snyder says hold my beer

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlexB83 

Considering Josh Wheddon was the one who ended up making Justice League because of Synders family issues whatever they were.

Whereas as Synder did very good jobs with Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman (extended cut), I personally am looking forward to the new version. 

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@gavs82008 snyder is a terrible director and b v s is so so bad. The whole franchise is awful and I'm a massive Batman fan. 

AlexB83
Scholar 2

However I do know for some bizzare reason lots are looking forward to it so it's good it's coming to Now TV straight away rather than putting it behind an extra pay wall

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlexB83 

"it's good it's coming to Now TV straight away rather than putting it behind an extra pay wall"

Indeed, can only imagine there were a few understandable complaints with Wonder Woman 1984. A film I would never spend £20 on unless in the cinema, have yet to see it though.