cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chilli2
Elite

Adverts on Now TV

Anyone find the Adverts / now tv promos before starting to watch something extremly anoying??

I've kept my Now TV subscription going for a while, however these pre show trailers are making Now tv less and less atratactive, and the cancel button more atractive

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes especially if binge watching something and you get them every episode and the same bloody 1 over and over
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed. I need these to stop, can someone tell me how? When paying for a service you should not expect to see adverts all the time!!

nowswaish
Scholar 3

They don’t really bother me and seem very infrequent. Last night I watched four programs on Now catchup and box sets and only had one promotion at the start, that was the second Bountyhunters episode which had a short F1 video, no mor than 20 seconds long I would say. I’m using a Roku 4K stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very annoying.  Especially when you have all the passes, except Hayu, and promos are for what I can already watch.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Very annoying.  Especially when you have all the passes, except Hayu, and promos are for what I can already watch.

Funny, because my complaint would be about getting promos for things I can’t watch.

But all the promos I am seeing at the moment are for things I have decided I don’t want to watch; or for things I have watched, which are the most annoying of all.

After all, NowTV knows what I have watched and what I haven’t; or even if not, it could bring up one of those ‘Add to Watchlist’ things top right, and then I could go Seen It, or Don’t Want to See It, or Yes.

And then not see it again. Just like you can tell Amazon with its recommendations, I Own It, or Don’t Use This Item for Recommendations, and you don’t see that recommendation again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.