cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adjusting data settings on LG TV

Does anyone know how to do this?

The help section on this site shows you how to adjust the streaming bitrate on NOW boxes and Roku devices, but not on an LG TV, does anyone know how to get to the options screen please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I own an LG TV and not aware of any additional settings for now tv, or any of the apps on the tv. It's one of the trade offs of an integrated app. Is there a particular problem you're having?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constant buffering and error messaging, I was able to put paid to exactly the same issue on my Nan's NOW box by lowering the bitrate. It seems very strange to be able to access the menu to do so on one device and not another, and indeed have the process to reach the menu on the NOW box be so esoteric.

Saint1976
Elite 3

Have the problems on your TV only just started occurring?

I've been using the integrated app flawlessly for a number of years. That was until the lockdown started. During the day I'm regularly getting buffering and at least once a day I get 'oops something went wrong'. I'm getting the same problems with the integrated Prime Video app which won't play any 4k content during the day and early evening. This has to be expected with the amount of people at home using the internet and streaming services. Using an Ethernet cable to the TV and turning off other devices connected to the router may help a little.

If your router settings allow you to, you can change bitrates for individual devices in 'traffic management' but this may have an adverse effect on the other apps integrated to the TV.