cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Account Device Registration Issues

For the past several months I've been having trouble with my device registrations on my home wifi that is effecting my Chromecast and my Computer and is forcing me to delete their registrations and reregister them but this has happened for a second time in one month and my registration allowance for the month has been used up which is a problem as your app has a very BAD habit of getting in the way of Subtitles which is a major issue when you're watching Game of Thrones so please get to the bottom of this registration glitch and see if it can be fixed.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

This seems to be tied up with the long-standing problem that Now TV always recognises Chromecast as TWO devices.  Every time you use Chromecast to view the Now TV mobile app on your TV set, the system registers BOTH the Chromecast dongle and the mobile device, so two of your permitted registered devices are used up.  I cannot use Chromecast to link my mobile phone Now TV app to a TV set, because I already have two Now TV smart boxes, an iPad, and my mobile phone registered.  This means I can't use Chromecast without deleting one of my existing four devices, which I do not want to do.  I think this is very unfair.

I do not understand why there has to be a limit of four devices anyway.  Amazon, BT Sport, Netflix and most other streaming providers place no limit on the number of registered devices.  They do not seem to have any problem with "licensing issues", which has always been used as an excuse by Now TV.

Wlat