cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Accessing router settings

I'm trying to access the router settings via a web-browser by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.

Nothing comes up, not even a login screen. That number doesn't even seem to be recognised.

The reason I'm trying the above is that I want to check on the ports as a device I have plugged into the router isn't connecting. 

Should the ethernet port I have plugged it into illuminate?

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

192.168.0.1 works fine for me when using MS Edge over wifi on my Tablet.

Instead of your PC have you tried it on a smartphone or tablet instead over wifi ?

Both my Ethernet ports that have been plugged into, flash the green Ethernet light from the back of the NOW Hub Router.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have tried pressing the reset button on the back of the NOW Hub 2 Router for around 15 seconds to set it back to it's default shipment settings ?

If that doesn't work, maybe you have a faulty Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, tried that and the ethernet yellow and green lights lit briefly.

Otherwise no change unfortunately.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the device on the end of the Ethernet cable, can you reset the device in any way and disconnect & re-connect the Ethernet cable to it once again.

All my Ethernet devices connected to my NOW Hub Router was plug & play (though these devices are not that complex and are just streaming devices without any further IT input from my end).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Ethernet tab should be inbetween the wireless and security tab on the main screen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If the Ethernet tab is not showing and holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for 15 seconds doesn't bring the tab up.

Then because there is no Ethernet lights flashing on the port when plugged in, you may have dodgy Ethernet ports on the Router.

Perhaps give the NOW Broadband Team a call after 8am tomorrow morning for further assistance and help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Ethernet tab is missing altogether.

I'll see if I can contact Now tomorrow as you suggested. Wish me luck!

Thanks for all your help @schnapps 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's the telephone number for the NOW Broadband Team to call on the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

If you have multiple Ethernet connected devices such has a smart TV for example and a couple of Ethernet cables then i am assuming you have tried different combinations with the NOW Hub 2 Router ?

Strange the Ethernet tab is missing from your webpage settings on the NOW Hub.

Keep us updated how you get on and if NOW are sending out a replacement Router.

If by some miracle you have an old Sky Router lying around the house, then try that has a temporary short term replacement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @ schnapps,

I contacted the Now Broadband Team as you suggested and they sent me a Hub
2 replacement router.

I set it up yesterday, but regrettably it did not resolve the issue with
connecting the device I previously mentioned. I will pursue this with the
manufacturer of the device although they still claim the problem is with
the ports and port forwarding. Apparently NOW as my network provider should
be able to assist with this? Do you know if that is the case?

The Ethernet tab is now visible on the router settings which is great, but
I can't see any reference to ports.