cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

5.1 Audio stopped working

Signed up for boost a few weeks back and 5.1 audio has been working seamlessly via the Now TV app on my Sony Android TV. Stopped working yesterday, everything set up correctly but will only playback in Stereo. Outputting to my receiver via HDMI arc. No problem in any other app, nothing has been changed or updated. Any ideas why this has suddenly occurred?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This I’ve noticed something with my Sony Android. 
When the Tv is not in use it reverts back to “TV speakers” each time I have to press the settings button and activate the “sound system” for my sound bar via HDMi.

Its insanely annoying and does is with Amazon and other apps too.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just literally fixed it and this may solve your issue as well! In the Audio Output menu there is a section called Home Theatre control; under the sound field menu select Auto Format Decoding - it had reverted to Multi Channel Stereo for some reason. 5.1 back up and running. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately the only way it sorted my issue out was to change the "sleep" settings to turn off the TV after 5 minutes of inactivity

The sound itself is cracking through my Samsung Soundbar with wireless rear speakers. My issue is that after 5-10 minutes of not using the TV the sound settings revert to TV speakers, then I have to switch the sound to "audio system". It was a pain!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help