cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4K Box TV Passes - No scratch card ?

Insisting I choose label for topic but won't let me put my 'own' and only choice it gave me was Youview, Chromecast, Apple TV LG, EE TV, Samsung or Roku so apologies! 

HI question for anyone who has the new 4K box with 4 free pass promotion. Are the passes 'electronic' ie are enabled through the set-up menu or should there have been a 'scratch card' in the box like before with the other Older boxes. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When the 4k smart boxes came out with the bundled passes they was supplied with paper scratch card vouchers.

Then nowtv moved over to electronic pre loaded vouchers on the smart 4K boxes a couple of weeks after production. 

I would imagine you will get the electronic pass version unless a Retailer still has old stock on their shelf for the paper scratch card version.

If buying from a local Retailer check what it says on the outer box packaging, where the newer electronic pass version will say on the box something like "Redeem Passes during Setup". 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
schnapps,
Thank you so much that clears up my concerns ! So frustrating as bought box opened in store and didn’t see card, Argos staff didn’t know so spoke to NOW Tv support and to be frank we’re not any help either as they didn’t know themselves ! I didn’t want to go thru setup process as it’s a gift ! By the way do you know if someone is using one of the previous boxes with a ‘deal’ I think they paid for a whole years entertainment and movies pass already would setting up this box transfer the deal onto end of theirs if you know what I mean or would it be better setting up as a totally new account? Thank you again for help, really appreciated!

Regards
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are going to give the nowtv 4K box onto somebody else has a gift with the included electronic pre loaded passes then that would be fine where they can have up to 4 devices on their account.

My only concern would be that the vouchers that comes with the 4K box has a 12 month expiry date from date of purchase for them to be redeemed on an account, which could be cutting it close with their 12 month Black Friday entertainment & movie offer currently on their account.

When did their BF offer start and what date did you buy the 4K box from Argos ? 

Should you have already setup the 4K box on your account, where the passes would have already been saved against your account and the vouchers passes would not then be able to be transferred to another persons account.

You could always give them the 4K smart box if you wish, but make sure that you factory reset the box to wipe your account details off it.

Also, i wouldn't recommend setting up a new account where in this particular instance there would be no advantage where the OP already have a 12 month entertainment & movie offer on their account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Also, i wouldn't recommend setting up a new account where in this particular instance there would be no advantage where the OP already have a 12 month entertainment & movie offer on their account.

That's the bit I was wondering about so I'll tell them to setup as a new box, otherwise they'll waste the passes ! bought box 25/11/18. Thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would suggest when they setup the new 4K box gift from you, that they use their existing nowtv account when setting up this box.

Then all four passes will be saved into their account under My Account > Passes & Vouchers, with a link towards the top of the page saying " Vouchers Waiting for You", where both the kids & day sports pass they can use when they like in the 12 month period.

With regards to the 1 month entertainment & cinema voucher, they could redeem both vouchers when they are in the last 30 days remaining on their existing 12 month offer.

I would keep the receipt from Argos and if the voucher redeem expiry date is close or doesn't work around the time of November or December next year then get them to contact live chat to see if they will offer some help with redeeming the two voucher codes for cinema and entertainment on their account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With the 4K  nowtv smart box you can currently watch in 4K UHD YouTube stuff uploaded In 4K, selective Netflix 4K if you have a Netflix UHD account and the BBC iPlayer App just showed Dynasties Series in UHD 4K.

Nothing on NowTV I am afraid to say, where nowtv will have a bump in their streaming quality from 720p to 1080p sometime early next year from the last I heard on the grapevine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
schnapps,
Thanks you are a font of wisdom !! That’s exactly the clarification / detail that answers my concerns! Why don’t NOW TV make that fact more widely known to potential purchasers!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got mine from Currys PC World less than a month ago when it was on offer for £25, and mine came with scratch cards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable