cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 accounts 1 TV

Two people in household with accounts  - 1 has sports pass & 1 has entertainment pass. Only one TV. How do we each have the TV as a device. Can only get Sport on TV at moment as this was is the device chosen for the pass of the first account holder. How do we sign in the second  account holder and watch Entertainment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is no straight forward way to do it I’m afraid. If you keep both accounts then you’ll have to sign out and sign in each time you want to use the other pass.

What I would recommend is heading onto live chat to see if they can “transfer” the pass over so it’s all on the one account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is no straight forward way to do it I’m afraid. If you keep both accounts then you’ll have to sign out and sign in each time you want to use the other pass.

What I would recommend is heading onto live chat to see if they can “transfer” the pass over so it’s all on the one account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. But we can’t even see the entertainment channel. How-does the second account holder (who has the entertainment pass) get the TV as a device? We cannot see anyway of signing in on the TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you’ll find the settings, there you’ll need to navigate to the account section where you can log out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks gas

Whilst watching on tablet I can scroll down and log out but I do not understand how that is possible whilst watching on a TV set. Would you be able to explain how I could do that. I am sorry if I am being a bit thick but I am really grateful for your patience.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Same way. Be on the Home screen, arrow down on the remote as far as it will go, past all the programmes to the icon at the bottom there (also, confusingly, called ‘Home’). Do not choose it, but arrow right on the remote to the Account icon at the end of the row. Choose that, and you can sign out of the current account, and then sign in on the other one.

You will rapidly find this a right faff, so arrange for the future that both passes be on the same account, and set up a kitty to share the costs pro rata, with whoever has the account, and who therefore pays NowTV for both,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008  @RoyB 

Hey HB

Just a point or two that may have been missed (or maybe I've missed it in the above posts), with one account both users, i.e. Sports & Entertainment, can view their individual contents simultaneously, but obviously on two different devices.  In fact, right now, you can have six devices attached to, and watch three different Now TV programs or content streams simultaneously from, one Now TV account.

That's the way it works for family and friends, just remember to PIN your account so that your F&Fs don't start spending you money behind your back.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

I think ‘1 TV’ was a clue 😛

And it seemed a bit overkill to suggest they buy a second TV....

But any or all “don’t raise the bridge, lower the river” suggestions may strike a chord 

RoyB_1-1599997292908.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Hi Roy

You misunderstood my post, simply because HB did mention he has a tablet and, at a guess, he and friends are likely to have laptops and smartphones as well.

So that's why I said "devices" and made no mention of more TVs.

So yeah, it is possible to have six devices, regardless of what they are, attached to one account.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User @gavs82008 

A bit of a tendency to run on rails,me 🚂, hence restricting my answer to covering “How do we each have the TV as a device?”

A new thought though; if you are watching Sport on the NowTV app on the TV, get a NowTV stick, or a Roku stick, or another device with NowTV that plugs into the TV, and put the Account with the Entertainment Pass on that.

Then toggling between them is a simple as swapping between the app and the HDMI port with the device on. 

However, if you don’t have the app on the TV, you could use two NowTV devices. I’ll leave you to work out the potential combinations.....

And yes, six devices. And three swaps a month. But I could use ten devices, effortlessly, to cover NowTV issues on all my devices, and I haven’t even got any games consoles, so I maxed out my swaps last month as it was 😥