cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will the Now TV app eventually work on pre-2015 TVs?

Will the Now TV app eventually work on pre-2015 TVs?  Mine was bought in 2013.  

56 REPLIES 56
Geluk
Expert 2

UPDATE

Found on my tv's apps (Beta version), and logged in; despite subsequent error

message, the app does work 🙂

Also shows stream quality in top right corner.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk wrote:

UPDATE: Found on my tv's apps (Beta version), and logged in; despite subsequent error message, the app does work 🙂

Also shows stream quality in top right corner.

Nice one Smiley Happy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm quite sure that it's samsung who are the ones holding us to ransom as my 2014 H model tv had the now tv app when I originally bought my set but has since disappeared along with other apps that are either discontinued or out of date.

I would love to b able to get rid of the set top box but without buying a new tv, it looks like I'm going to be stuck with a box underneath my tv for the time being.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really a bit shocking that there is only apps for Samsung 2015 onward.  Surely cant be that difficult to rework the app for older models.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As I mentioned above. Essentially it's up-to the device manufactures (ie: Samsung) to decide which apps they want on their TVs.

All of which they will have to provide support for...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will there be an app for older Samsung tv's? My tv is a 2013 model which isn't supported at the moment.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As I mentioned above. Essentially it's up-to the device manufactures (ie: Samsung) to decide which apps they want on their TVs.

All of which they will have to provide support for...